Friday 26 January 2018

Is This For Real? Rolex Yacht-Master 116655.


I received quite a few e-mails in reference to the above advert. A few readers asked if I could accompany them to view the above watch at KL. From the details that came in, I gathered that the seller was selling at a cheap price as it was a non-complete set.

Even if it was an incomplete set, the seller could have realistically received a higher price if he pawned off the watch or sold it to a pre-owned dealer, instead of peddling it over the net. Sellers normally sell by themselves in order to get a higher asking price, not lower.

However, since one of my readers recently lost his Yacht-Master as detailed @ https://andywristwatches.blogspot.my/2018/01/community-service-rolex-yacht-master.html, I asked if he was interested to go for a look too.


Turned out that he had sent his cousin to check the said watch, and it was actually a high-end replica by his inspection. Also, the seller claimed that it was a black-market watch. This would probably be the reason that he would use if any buyers requested for the watch to be verified at Rolex Service Centre.

I declined my readers' request to inspect the watch together. Too many red flags there. If in doubt, walk away.

And given that I know some of them were still camping here and hoping for updates, let me further share with you that the picture of the watch on the wrist in the seller's advert, was actually copied from an overseas website. So there you go...

No comments:

Post a Comment