Sunday 3 February 2019

Next Franken Mod : Seiko Blumo "Great Wave Off Kanagawa"




I have been back at my hometown over the last few days in preparation for Chinese New Year, and it had been good times with the family indeed. Anyway, I was at the mall today and chanced upon a Seiko shop. As per the norm, I had to go in to browse around and it was packed with SKX007, Sumo, and Turtle Re-issue pieces. Discount was at the typical 20-25% given the CNY sale.







And suddenly, I realised that I had found a suitable piece for the Great Wave Off Kanagawa ("GWOK") mod. I chanced upon a Seiko enthusiast's Apocalypse mod using the GWOK dial above (which was an enamel dial limited to 100 pieces), and immediately made orders for future mods. I had an incoming similar watch, but I felt that a piece with blue colours would be more suitable given the wave depicted on the dial.


And on seeing the Blumo today, it struck me that this was the perfect piece for such a mod. Blue insert and blue chapter ring, matched with the GWOK dial, should make quite a picture really. Searching online, I could see that there was no such mods done before; so it would likely be another first. Here's one on the SKX007 as found online.


So it's game on then! 

Keep your eyes peeled for the 2019 Seiko Blumo "Great Wave Off Kanagawa", coming soon to your fave watch blog hereabouts!






No comments:

Post a Comment