Wednesday 22 June 2016

Omega : Servicing @ Authorised Service Centres

Amongst the watches that I had sent for full servicing of movements and/or repairs and restorations, at the respective brands' authorised service centres included Rolex, Omega, Tag Heuer, and Ball. The watches that were sent in was for Rolex Datejust, Omega Planet Ocean, Omega Speedmaster, Tag Heuer Kirium, and Ball Hydrocarbon. In all instances, the customer service experience was enjoyable but special mention should be given to Omega for their real-time update vide their Customer Information System website, which made tracking an easy task at the tip of one's fingers.

Servicing for Speedmaster (on Cordura) @ RM2,300.

Servicing for Planet Ocean (on bracelet) @ RM1,800.

Case in point, I wrote that I had sent in my Speedmaster for servicing on Monday. After Omega's technicians ran through the tests, they decided that the watch needed a Complete Service, which mean an overhaul of the movements, change of hands and seals, etc. If the repairs were not covered under warranty, the cost for the Speedmaster would be RM2,300 as per the table above. Omega has 2 types of costing for the same job- and it depends on whether the watch in question was using a bracelet or leather/cordura/rubber strap. My Speedmaster had a Cordura strap. I previously sent in a Planet Ocean (on bracelet) for a complete servicing, and the normal cost would amount to RM1,800. Servicing for a chronograph was more complex and therefore, higher cost was the order of the day. The good thing from a full servicing was that Omega would extend an additional 2 years warranty pursuant to the servicing done.

Back to the CIS, customers could log in and access on the progress of the repair. This would be updated on a daily basis. For instance, for my Speedmaster, I could see that the hands and seals have arrived from Switzerland, and that the repair was in progress. Estimated completion was in mid-July 2016. Given that my Speedmaster was a certified chronometer, the service centre would ensure that its time-keeping was restored to chronometric standards, prior to release back to my safe-keeping. And this system was the reason that I gave high scores to Omega for their servicing updates and standards.


1 comment:

  1. I would add an Omega into my collection, purely on the va-va-voom warranty experience! Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete