Wednesday 4 April 2018

Submariner Date 116610LN#2


Readers would know that I flipped off the 116610LN#2 recently @ https://andywristwatches.blogspot.my/2018/03/wts-rolex-submariner-date-116610ln-2_18.html, and the new collector was happy as bird when we met up. He remarked at the great condition of the watch, and there were 2 further bonuses as per the following :

1) A Rolex service leather pouch that he had previously informed me that he would like to have, if possible.

2) Rolex 2017-2018 hardcover edition book.



Fellow collectors were selling these items at RM220 on e-Bay. These were collectible for people who loved Rolex. So I thought that it was just as well that he received this gifts with the watch that he liked.


I appreciated the fact that he had been surveying to get a 116610LN for a long while now; and while there were lots of offers out there in the market, he decided to get this piece from me as he knew of the adage to "buy the seller, not the watch". Plus he specially made arrangements to come from outstation to collect the watch at Rolex Menara Dion, was the contributing factors that I had my contacts in Rolex to assist to get the watch in prim condition, sized up the bracelet nicely, and to pass the goodies over to him.


He was a nice gentleman, and I was sure that this was a start of a good friendship going forward. He even shared his budding collection with me; and I was impressed that a young man like him had such interests towards the horology world and saved towards the nice pieces above.

And here were shots of the Submariner Date alongside its brothers-in-arms in this young collector's treasure chest.



I especially liked the older Polar Explorer in the collection.


And he liked his PAM320.




But I have no doubts that the piece that he would be wearing over the next few days would be the 116610LN#2 :)

Wear your watch in good health, mate!

7 comments:

  1. How much you sold the Sub, Datuk?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also looking for one like in your pictures condition. Budget RM36k for 2015/16 onwards. Can get? Or the buyer want to sell? I buy. Your watch I know can trust.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will check with the Sub buyer. How do you find your Speedy so far? Hope you are enjoying your watch. Cheers.

      Delete
    2. I liked the moon watch but boring also after a while. I sold it and made some profit. Now want to top up and get Rolex.

      Delete
    3. Hi Nic, I have checked with the buyer and he said that the Sub's a keeper. Would look out for any other nice pieces out there in the market for you. Cheers.

      Delete
    4. Tq for helping asking, Datuk. I saw a 2014 one on Mudah at RM35k. Final price he want RM33k. Think I buy first. Heard Rolex price increase coming.

      Delete