Tuesday 22 December 2015

Tough Tactical Timepiece : Casio Rangeman Military Blackout model no. GW-9400-3ER


I have been flying abroad for business matters over the last couple of months, so naturally I hasn't been able to update this blog as often as I would like to. Work pays for the family needs and sustainability towards daily survival, so naturally it took priority. 

Talking about survival, I like to share a quote from Bear Grylls, "Survival is not about being fearless. It's about making a decision, getting on and doing it, because I want to see my kids again, or whatever the reason might be."

And a watch that had been pretty useful in work and play thus far, had been the...

(drumroll please)



Casio Rangeman Military Blackout model no. GW-9400-3ER from the highest epitome of the G-Shock series i.e. Master of G.


Picture sourced from the Internet.

Picture sourced from the Internet.
Now, the Rangeman was announced in 2013 and was pretty much a tough tactical timepiece that had been largely unsurpassed by other watches, even by today's evolved standards. 

This was a watch that I took to the plantations and rough terrains, where upon I could utilised its compass, barometer and altimeter functions to check on planting plans and flood prevention bunds.


Picture sourced from the Internet.

This was a watch that I took to travels to beaches as it's preset sunset times across nations of the world enabled me to plan for romantic strolls by the beach with my wife, always at the best moments to catch the settling sun. And I had taken it on many a snorkelling trip and it was pretty much at home admit the corals and fishes.


During snorkel at the Land of Smiles.

And because a part of the circle of associates that I dealt with was still serving or were from the military background, this was a watch that had broken the ice amongst tough men whom normally wouldn't crack under pressure, whom could appreciate the military blackout dial that was useful for covert operations. 


Picture sourced from the Internet.

Picture sourced from the Internet.

Picture sourced from the Internet.

And because it had the Multiband 6 Atomic Time-keeping functionality whereby the displayed time could be self-adjusted through sync-up with radio waves from the atomic clocks anywhere in the world, this watch also made a good travelling companion as you would always have the correct local time on the watch, no matter where one might go. 

So on more than a couple of occasions, it had find itself strapped on my wrist, travelling in style as I sipped champagne in Business Class; where my fellow passengers were spotting esteemed marques like Rolex and the likes, and my watch was probably (make that definitely) the cheapest watch being worn by any passengers in Business Class. For circa RM1.2k, you would be hard-pressed to find a more functional watch.



I loved watches, and my preferences normally skew towards Swiss mechanical timepieces; but this piece of tough tactical timepiece had definitely earned much wrist time due to its versatility, reliability, and durability.

Godspeed.

Blackout dial hides the watch in the dark.

Stretching my legs in the Boeing 737-800 this evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment