Saturday 27 August 2016

Yonger & Bresson : Fabriqué En France


Truth be told, I have not heard about this brand i.e. Yonger & Bresson until a get-together encounter with a royalty family member whom used to reside in Europe. He informed that he liked the brand as it was an old low-keyed brand (established in 1975) with a royal crown as its logo. He liked it that only those in the know, knows about Yonger & Bresson's crown. Everyone else only knows about Rolex's crown.

Ummm, may I add that other smaller brands like Glycine and Steinhart also uses variations of crowns as their logos, but I digress.


I started researching about this brand and found that it had a niche following. It's pricing was actually rather affordable for what it has to offer. Since I was more of a mechanical watch fan, I looked at such an example and found that for circa RM2k+, you could get an in-house movement, made-in-France watch, and backed by a 2-year warranty. The second hand with a crown at the end, was quite attractive. All-in-all, this was a pretty disposition and for monies that could only get a Seiko-equivalent, one would be getting a lot more watch for the monies spent.


I asked a couple of watch shops and most of them were not convincing in that they could get me an example. So I popped online like the way I normally would do, in order to get to the bottom of things.

Amazon had lots of selection for the models offered under this brand; and so after a couple of clicks, I was expecting the arrival of a Yonger & Bresson piece by the coming Monday.




Add in the GST, clearance fees, and shipping fees, at about 15% additional cost to the purchase price; and you would have a nice piece at your doorstep for less than RM2,500. Still a good bargain regardless of the additional charges. Given that it's a real bargain for a made-in-France piece, I would be ordering 2 pieces together to keep the shipping fees low; as the watch would make a good gift really.

I would update with additional photos after the arrival of the Yonger & Breton piece. If it was a worthy piece, I would lobby to the boss of a franchise that I knew, to bring in this brand under his franchise. But I digress.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete