Sunday 4 June 2017

A Nerdy Time Enthusiast

After a week of holidays, I needed some time in isolation, to time back some of my watches back to the exact second in reference to the Malaysian atomic time. It took patience and concentration to do that, never easy when you have the kids around screaming for attention. But I persevered; and voila, it's done (pardon the one non-hacking movement). Nerdy yes, but that's just me.


I supposed that it's like the kids playing with fidget spinners. Somehow, I always find the act of winding a smooth mechanical movement to be a calming and therapeutic experience. There's a sense of achievement there, knowing that you are giving strength to the minute clockworks in there, such that they would continue to beat on for the next 40 hours or so. And watching the watches spin lazily in the watch winder, feels like some kind of nerd-genre meditation.

1 comment:

  1. I kept finding myself checking on your blog a couple of times daily, Andy to find for any new articles. Love your writing style and the watches you share. If you swing by Glasgow by any chance, I'd love to buy you a couple of pints.

    ReplyDelete