Friday 8 March 2019

Beware the Franken Mod Bug

Hi, my name is Andy and I'm a Seiko Franken Mod addict...

A handsome mod from a fellow Seiko enthusiast.

Some mods turned out better than thought, some well, ummm...

Am still overseas at the interim period, but my fingers have been busy at work. Needless to say, I'll have some explaining to do when the bill comes along in due course. 

In my watch winder.
The thing was, it's never a bad idea to invest in good models from Rolex and Omega as prices tend to appreciate over time. For me, Rolex pieces worth buying were Submariner, GMT-Master ii, Sea- and Sky-Dweller; while Omega's tend to be Speedmaster limited editions. The more limited the edition, the better it was then.

In another collector's watch winder.

And on the other side of the equation was what I deemed as the horology playthings- and by this I meant the pieces specifically from Seiko, Seiko, and all things Seiko-related. Sure, you're not going to mod the MM300 and MM1000 that cost north of RM10k; but there were plenty of other cheaper alternatives in the Seiko stable worth playing with.


Projects that I have had included the Seiko Turtle Re-issues that were modded with Dr Seikostein and Dagaz parts. Then, there was the Sumo that was transformed into MM300 with original SBDX017 parts along with DLW lumed bezel. And a couple of SKX007 that were transformed into a Sumo, and Planet Ocean respectively. All these projects could be found in this blog.


To be featured soon would be an Ice Mon5ter equipped with the very limited Great Wave dial. My watchsmith informed me that the modded piece was ready for collection, and the pictures looked great!

And all the clicking these few days meant that these other projects will be featured in the near future :

- SKX007 x Dagaz Shark;
- 6105 x Dagaz Soxa Silver;
- Orange Mon5ter x Dagaz UDT-Submarine.

Fun times indeed!




4 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog, Datuk. You wrote that the ratted Turtle was another collector's mod. Are you doing one like that? Looks like Mad Max!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rolex Batman for my choice

    ReplyDelete
  3. intrested on seeing the Ice Mon5ter with the very limited Great Wave dial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the mod is ready and it's been a show-stopper in the week that I've had it on. Will place it up after this :)

      Delete