Wednesday 31 May 2017

Prometheus Poseidon Stainless Steel


Readers might remember that I acquired the Prometheus Poseidon Bronze in 2016 @ http://andywristwatches.blogspot.my/2016/02/e-mail-from-reader-bronze-diver-at.html. The Bronze came with a rubber strap and leather strap. I have always wondered how would the Poseidon S/S be like when worn on the wrist, matched with its stainless steel bracelet. The heft should be quite something, I would imagine.


As luck would have it, right before I was supposed to leave for a snorkelling trip to Pulau Babi Besar and Pulau Rawa in Johore, I received a practically NOS discontinued Prometheus Poseidon Green as per the below specs :





This meant that the S/S cost some RM170 cheaper compared to the Bronze version, yet came with an extra S/S bracelet. Very value-for-monies indeed by my reckoning. The latest version, currently on pre-ordered basis, while sporting the same look, was now dressed in white dial as per below :



So how have the Poseidon S/S been while on the current snorkelling trip? I hadn't brought my underwater camera for this trip, so I could only shoot some pictures of it while on land. It has been wearing nicely, although you won't quite forget that you have this piece on your wrist due to the weight of the whole piece. However, if you were able to size the bracelet to hold properly, then the wearing could be quite comfortable as per what I was experiencing on-site now.






Altogether, a pretty good (re)addition from the Portugal micro-brand to my collection, again.


No comments:

Post a Comment