Sunday 11 November 2018

Psycho About Seiko


Readers would know that I've drifted out of the Seiko scene for a while now, and recently started adding up a couple of Sumo pieces to go alongside the SKX classics. You might remember the phase when I was modding 'em Turtles when it was newly-released, and bought a whole collection of them just to mod 'em with parts from Crystaltimes, Dagaz, DLW, Dr. Seikostein, Strapcode, and the likes. 


Well, I am also interested in modding the Sumo pieces. I started off with the Blumo receiving a double dome clear AR sapphire crystal and it made the piece looked so much better. 

Credit to Martin Weiand for an outstanding shot!

Then, I thought about adding a MM300 in the form of the SBDX017. I mean like, just take a look at the shot from the Seikoholic fan above and who could possibly blame me for converting to MM300, right?

I spread the word around and an AD located a brand new piece for me at his associate's store. The only catch was the store was not based in KL and I have to find a day to travel north to get it. And time was a luxury that I don't really have at the interim period, with all the overseas business travels and family time.


So I thought, how about if I got the dial, hands, and waffle straps for the SBDX017, and got that modded into the SBDC031 instead? Hunting for the parts ain't too hard, but hunting them at the right prices were a bit of a chore.



So watch out for this space as the Sumo gets sent off for the necessary parts to be installed.


And while we were still on Seiko, the brand understood that many of its diver fans were actually desk divers so it has just released a Prospex Street series categorised under the Baby Tuna range. I rather liked the models, especially the military green series, but it would be more of my style if it had an automatic winding movement rather than the solar-powered movement.

And that reminds me, I'd have to contact the modder working on my Tuna piece. It has been quite a few months and the Tuna's still lost in the ocean, so to speak.


Let the Games continue...

No comments:

Post a Comment