Wednesday 19 June 2019

Isofrane : My Choice Of Premium Vulcanised Straps


A reader remarked that I seemed to have a lot of "nice rubber straps" for my Seiko watches as seen in the pictures in this blog.

Well, if you looked back at the photos throughout the blog, you would find that I seemed to revolve around a few key types for aftermarket rubber straps :

- Rolex : RubberB and OEM
- Tudor : Isofrane and CrafterBlue
- Bell & Ross : Isofrane
- Seiko : Isofrane, CrafterBlue, and OEM Panerai

I have been using Isofrane for many years now and constantly add new colours over time. I also tend to buy in bulk in order to save the shipping time and fees.


I did a write-up on this brand's straps some years back and it's basically an old brand from the 60s that utilised vulcanised rubber for its premium rubber straps. Italian-made and designed to be very comfortable, I have utilised them for both diver and non-diver watches; with satisfying results.


Of course, its design had been much-copied by many OEM makers and I have tried a few; but so far, the original ones continued to impress in usage. Price was not cheap though at USD139 (RM580) per strap (with the better RS buckle); but you get what you pay for.

I've probably purchased some 30+ Isofrane straps over the years, and I liked to flip my watches matched with the Isofrane straps so that the new owner could enjoy the same comfortable feel that I derived from wearing my watches.

And in today's picture, you could see the following :

- MM1000 x Isofrane Black and Isofrane Orange
- MM300 x Isofrane Black and Isofrane Orange
- Prospex200 x Isofrane Green and Isofrane Navy Blue


A match made for the best wrist feel indeed!

1 comment: