Sunday 9 April 2017

Omega PloProf 1200M


So little monies, so many watches in pursuit...

So I wrote about the proposed restoration towards an Omega Speedmaster yesterday, and a reader asked if I would be interested to take over an Omega PloProf 1200M from him. His was the previous version before the bezel insert went ceramic, but there's an old-school charm with aluminium bezel insert. Plus they cost almost nothing to replace at Omega SC, so you could always swap a new one whenever you felt like it.

I have always been intrigue by the PloProf with its quirky designs and all that; but I also realised that this would be a watch that I may not have many chances of wearing- it's only to be quite a hassle fitting that block of metal under the shirt cuff. Ever since I read about Meor getting one at 50% off the RRP at an Omega boutique, I have been looking out for such a clearance price too but to no avail. So to be offered a pre-owned at a good price now could be the next best thing.





What do you think- form over function, or function over form? Oh well, one could always dream and sleep over it...

No comments:

Post a Comment