Friday 19 April 2013

Rolex Explorer II : 16570 40mm vs 216570 42mm

Rolex watches have always been a Holy Grail of sorts to the watch enthusiasts- and I have to admit that I have yet to reach that Nirvana level. But I see nice Rolex timepieces daily. My boss, father-in-law and mother-in-law all wear Rolex Day-Date President in various guises.

I have always been more of a Rolex Submariner fan. Recently, I saw a no. of adverts on pre-owned Rolex Explorer II and after learning more about this series, I find myself pretty much liking the Explorer II too (no pun intended).

Gonna be saving my monies towards the Explorer II fund now.

If it was you, would you go for the previous 16570 40mm version, or the current 216570 42mm version?

16570 40mm

216570 42mm



2 comments:

  1. I love the 16570. Like you I'm drawn to the Submariner but after discovering the Explorer II it will be my next watch.

    you can get a great deal on all 16570's. At the high end you could get M serial with the 3186 movement or a fantastic deal on older serials.

    After wearing the new Rolex models and many larger sized watches I now am only fond of the 5 digit Rolex models. All the new Rolex models have higher quality build and function than their previous models but the its the design and form of the older Rolex's that seem perfect and will bond with the heart.


    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete