Thursday 18 April 2013

Seiko Monster Dracula 42mm (Model : SRP313)



The parcel arrived this afternoon at about 2.30 pm, and I could hardly contain my excitement as my secretary brought me the parcel. And nope, the box didn't look like that of the Seiko Sportura's- it was more of the typical Seiko boxes.


Once the boxes were opened, the Seiko Monster Dracula could be seen. Note that there are 2 variations of the SRP313 ie with the final 2 model nos. ending with J1 or K1. The J1 was made in Japan for the Japanese domestic market and you could see the wordings "Made in Japan" on the lower part of the dial (as per picture below), while the K1 was for the international market. Some said these watches were made in Korea while others said that they were from Malaysia. Either way, they were completely similar saved for the words on the dial.




Mine was the K1 version, and my first impression was that it looked a bit smaller than what I had in mind. I wore my Tag Heuer Carrera to work today, and the Carrera was a 41mm watch so the Monster at 42mm should have looked bigger (or similar) to that of the Carrera. But somehow, it looked smaller than the Carrera.


Nope, the Orange wasn't part of the package. Lol, it's my little joke of a tribute to the original famous Orange Monster model no. SKX781 that started the fad of the Seiko Monster diver series.



The quality of the Monster Dracula was good and the clicking of the unidirectional bezel was nice to the ears. You would have known that the mechanism used was the newer hackable Caliber 4R36, unlike the older Monster series.








From the serial number, I could deduced that the Monster Dracula was the 8,903th Monster, which was manufactured in July 2012 by Seiko.



The infamous Tsunami logo synonymous with the Seiko Monster could be seen clearly on the backcase.




Changing into the more sporty Nato Ducati strap, I liked the overall match between the Monster Dracula and the Ducati; and I would have the watch matched in this outfit from hereon. Enjoy the following pictures while I admire the Monster Dracula further.










What a handsome Monster this watch was!








No comments:

Post a Comment