Thursday 29 May 2014

Diver Watch Flying : Steinhart Ocean Forty-Four


One of the watches I owned that garnered the most e-mail queries was the Steinhart Ocean Forty-Four. Most of the parties were interested to get a Steinhart, particularly this "Teutonic DSSD" but were afraid of the servicing and maintenance.

Well, for me, I would opine that Steinhart was a very value-for-monies watch and it generates a fair bit of interest too. I frequently travel by business class so I am used to striking conversations with a person next to me whom may be wearing a PP, AP, Rolex, etc.

And of late, when I wear my Steinhart "DSSD", the watch managed to catch their attention and most simply find it hard to believe on the price when I revealed it. The Steinhart "DSSD" may cost less than 10% of the Rolex DSSD's price, but it certainly wears well and don't give the I-have-a-cheap-watch-on-my-wrist feeling. In fact, one chap whom owned the Rolex DSSD later e-mailed me to thank me for introducing him to Steinhart and that he had just made an order online!

So, to the rest, live life a little; after all, what have you got to lose?



In fact, I am making orders for a few more pieces from Steinhart across different genres...

1 comment: