Tuesday 2 December 2014

Bell & Ross BR01-97 with Isofrane Black 24mm

Ordering Isofrane with the FedEx option was a good choice as it ensured that the Italian-made vulcanised rubber straps reached our Malaysian shores in record time. And these rubber straps were so comfortable to wear that they were really worth the premium price tags that they were going for. Some may balk at paying USD109 - USD129 (+USD25 FedEx option) for rubber straps but trust me, once you tried Isofrane, you'd never go back.

I met a fellow watch enthusiast over a drink earlier this morning and he was an avid BR lover. He asked if the Isofrane would complement the BR01 too as it was a pretty macho and heavy watch, and would require an equally heavy-duty strap to hold it in place. Isofrane was a pretty thick strap with plenty of inner micro-grip lines, and I have no doubt that it would be a good match. I retrieved a new 24mm Isofrane black and it took but a minute to have the the strap matched to the watch.

And voila, I dare say that BR01 looked good with an Isofrane; and it's very comfortable too











The watch was matched with Taikonaut Croco Grain strap (USD69.99 @ http://taikonaut-watch-band.myshopify.com/collections/for-bell-ross/products/cg332400xx) most of the time as I felt that it was a rather handsome and corporate-looking classic strap, which really brought out the feel of the watch.



And here was the Taikonaut Cordura military 1000D strap (USD69.99 @ http://taikonaut-watch-band.myshopify.com/collections/for-bell-ross/products/bell-ross-cv) that seemed to be getting no wrist time at all, what's more now that the Isofrane was encroaching into its forte too. But I dare say that the Cordura still looks the part though!



11 comments:

  1. The Bell&Ross looks good on the Isofrane strap. Much better than the Bell&Ross fat rubber strap. Point to ponder - you should think about matching a red or orange Isofrane with the Bell&Ross too. The bright contrast would really make the watch "popped" out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good match with the Isofrane. I'm getting one too. Your poison is too strong, I must really stop coming to your blog less often or my pocket keeps getting lighter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you sell the military strap for RM100? I can take it today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. +1 for the Isofrane. Thanks for sharing and I would get a Black and Orange strap each for my BR03 too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bro, would you consider selling your BR watch with all the 3 straps and full boxed set for RM11k? Ready-cash buyer, and ready to COD in Mid-Valley after working hours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi bro, I saw your advert at Mwf. I am interested to buy the Cordura military strap for 130. Can we deal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi bro, has the other guy taken it? If it's still not sold, perhaps I could offer you RM150 to seal the deal? Really like to have it.

      Delete
    2. Sorry, am letting go @ RM130 to the first chap, Andrew whom contacted me.

      Delete
  7. Andy, I saw your strap advertisement at the forum. Is it still available? You should really bump it up sometimes. I hadn't noticed your advertisement until I heard another member telling me about it during the gathering. If still available, I can take it anytime. I can make you a fairer deal at 180. Just message me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, am letting go @ RM130 to the first chap, Andrew whom contacted me.

      Delete