Monday 15 December 2014

Pulled The Trigger : Citizen ProMaster Aqualand DepthMeter (model no : BN2024-05E)



Readers would know that I was interested to get the Citizen Promaster Aqualand DepthMeter series (3 models released during Baselworld 2014), with my personal preferences being the stainless steel case with PVD bezel i.e. model no. BN2024-05E. This model evolved from the EcoZilla of yesteryears (I just flipped off 2 EcoZillas last week), and now came with additional functionalities such as depth gauge, last dive memory, power reserve indicator, etc. Let's simply call it as DepthMeter.





I looked at the regular brick-and-mortar shops around KL and most retailers informed me that the series under-supplied such that Malaysia had yet to get the stocks for this model. So my best option was to get from overseas at the moment. I was referred to take a look at Hong Kong as the market there was very slow due to the Central Occupation protest movements.


I checked out Citizen Hong Kong website and the DepthMeter was going at HKD7,300, which came to circa RM3,515 our monies. Ho hum...

I truly would like to add this technological marvel piece to my collection; and having had consolidated my watch collection last week, I gathered that I could spend a bit of the monies that I received from the sale, on the DepthMaster.

Therefore, I pulled the trigger on the DepthMaster and would now have to wait patiently for the piece to be shipped over to Malaysia. Oh, the excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment