Friday 20 July 2018

#speedytuesday


Okay, today being TGIF, it's probably not exactly #speedytuesday. But this Speedy being in Panda guise and therefore, could both be used in formal or casual settings so I thought what-the-heck and just went with it.


Okay, perhaps also because it had been sitting pretty in the watch winder for a while now; and an early messages that I read from fellow readers with regards to this Speedy, had me choosing this piece in my morning selection. 





To both readers, thanks for swinging by my blog. I myself am just learning along while interacting with fellow watch collectors and the real Master Shifus. 


This is a fun hobby and I'm sure that you would enjoy it. Looking at the first reader's collection, the 114060LN and 116610LN make great pieces, although it would looked like he might want to consider adding some colours into his collection.


This Panda made it into my collection a couple of years ago; and while my collection has gone through much re-configurations, it has remained steadfast as a collectible piece. I sent it to Omega to recalibrate (this being a chronometer) in May 2018; and they were nice enough to give it a full complete servicing worth RM2,800, which extended its warranty to May 2020. I have the necessary paperwork; but you could easily give a call to Omega Malaysia and check on its serial no to get the same information. 


Size is 40mm, and you could gauge its comparison next to my 40mm Daytona. It comes with Cordura strap, the same material as used for military wear so you could be assured that it was a hard-wearing strap that could last for years and years of usage, and won't be scratched like bracelets.


You probably know that I loved to experiment with straps, so I also have a vintage bronze leather strap that matches the Speedy really well, going with it for free.



There you have it- an icon from Omega ready to be added onto the wrist of a space enthusiast, or not.

1 comment: