Monday 23 July 2018

Happy Trinity


Well Loh, thanks for writing in and I do appreciate you swinging by to read this humble blog of mine. With regards to the 3 Rolex watches that you have attached in your e-mail, I personally would not have gotten all 3 of them unless I already have no other models to add into the collection.

Why so?

Well, for starters, most collectors venture into Rolex with the Submariner. In this case, the 116610LN (left) was a good bet. However, it was true that you would tend to notice most people sporting a 116610LN on their wrists, once you purchased your own and became more aware of this model in the wild. 

Some people then, would prefer to have something more exclusive- and that would be the 126600 (right). Essentially a beefier version of the 116610LN and more attractive given its red line, the watch was also heavier and bigger, so you might need to have the right size to carry it better.

And finally, the best of the lot in my humble opinion would be the 116610LV (middle). It was more attractive than both the above options, although this could be subjective; and you got to see the green mixed with gold dust sunburst dial to appreciate its true beauty. Pictures simply do not do justice to its real looks. It tends to wear better than the 126600; so this was where I would put my funds.

After choosing one of the above, if I still have capacity to add 2 more watches for the holy trinity, I would then go for the 116710BLNR and 116500LN. Then, one would have covered Air, Land, and Sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment