Tuesday 7 August 2018

Gentlemen, Start Your Engines


There has been a lack of entries over the last week plus as I had been travelling again. For this trip, it was for an international sustainable summit at the Island of the Gods; so I had my dressy-sports Daytona accompanying me.



It's a handsome piece and I liked watching the spotlights bouncing off the diamonds and creating a spectrum of colours. This sustainable industry served the needs of a huge portion of the world's population, and I truly felt blessed to be a part of the think tank in contributing my grey matters to the improvement of this industry.




Instead of having dinners at the hotel, I invited my fellow think tank members to saunter some 30 mins to the nearby beach, where we could have nice local food (minus the hotel premium pricing) while watching the sunset and listening to the waves beating up the shore. The stress of the day decreased to an extent when you have such lovely view while having one's dinner. During these informal gatherings, the Rangeman served me well as I would not need to be overly concerned about the elements of nature beating up my timepiece.



While the Daytona had its roots traced to the races in which "Gentlemen, start your engines..." were the oft-repeated words, one of the international speakers invited me to join the networking group for live music where a local band was playing at Hard Rock Cafe. It was my first time at this joint and the fact that the band could play great music from my era; made it an added bonus.


The few days went past in a flash; and it was soon back to flying to the hustle and bustle of traffic at international cities and finishing some important jobs, before flying home to my family. It's great to be home really!

No comments:

Post a Comment