Wednesday 22 August 2018

1800-Book-Day-Thrills


Selamat Hari Raya Aidiladha to my dear readers; and since this is a public holiday, the morning was utilised to visit some Muslim friends and then, we hit on the books (or rather, movies based on books, LOL).


Just came out from The Meg, and it was a nice watch. I was expecting a somewhat B-grade dumb movie as this genre normally was- and it had some tensed moments. The fact that the sweet-looking lady sitting next to me had some scared stiff moments during the movie and accidentally grabbed my arms on a few occasions (being the gentleman that I was, I graciously allowed her to do as she pleased at the times of her need) probably added a bit of a thrill to the movie along the way. When the lights came out, we both had sheepish smiles for each other. It was definitely less embarrassing in the dark.


And coming up shortly would be Crazy Rich Asians. This movie seemed to have gotten quite sterling reviews, so I have upped my expectations for it coming up.


Well, it would take nerves of steel to comfort a damsel in distress when your own spouse was just seated on the other side, and to next sit through what would seemed to be a chick flick; so I had donned on a pair of watch that was built tough well ahead of the competition. I was of course, referring to the following :




To the rest of you readers, if you with to attempt the same feat as I did in the dark of the cinema, be warned to do so at your own risk, alright. This blog and its writer would not be held accountable for any health hazards that you might face along the way. Stay safe!


(NB : In case my missus chanced upon this, it was just a figment of imagination, dear, nothing happened.)

But you guys know better, of course :)

1 comment: