Friday 31 August 2018

Mod Bug : Tuna

Readers night vaguely remembered the April Fool's picture of the Seiko Tuna @ http://andywristwatches.blogspot.com/2017/03/happy-april-fools-day.html, that I posted back in 2017 as per the following :


Well, I have a soft spot for the SBBN015 and subsequent SBBN031, but was not too much of a fan for the quartz movements therein. You might know that I liked to think of myself as a Seiko modder at times, having tinkered with many a SKX and SRPA pieces over the years.

So I was wondering... how hard would it be to have a full-grown stainless steel Tuna with a modern Seiko hacking and winding movement, instead of the original quartz movement? The more I thought about it, the more I started browsing around on parts.



So a few clicks here and there, and I was now waiting for the relevant parts to start shipping inwards towards another project in the near future. Let's cross our fingers that it would emerge as a wholesome can of tuna, and not a can of worms...

Time will tell, I supposed :)


No comments:

Post a Comment