Thursday 21 February 2019

Goodbye, Seiko SuMMo...



One stock (SBDC033 Blumo) and one upgraded (SBDC031 Sumo). The latter had been upgraded with Seiko SBDX017 MM300 original parts and other premium parts, which had been an interesting process. Which one would you prefer more?



A few readers had requested that I assist them with some proposed Seiko mod works, but I had to decline as I had quite a few mod projects of my own at the moment. Thereafter, an Eureka moment came about as I thought about offering my modded projects for other collectors to enjoy, at a discount compared to my cost. After all, this meant that someone would be giving the real wrist times, while I get to free up some space from my watch winders and continue to mod more Seiko watches over time.

I placed an advert on this SuMMo (Sumo + MM300), and received many offers in just a couple of days. I then decided to let go to a collector whom I'm meeting up later this evening, to help him jump-start his Seiko collection. 


He's getting a good bargain, and I decided to throw in a brand new pair of Seiko SBDX017 strap (metal keeper compared to SBDX001's rubber keeper) and Dagaz full hand set. These ought to keep his interests going forward towards other mod projects.



Just take a look at both these watches side-by-side. Both were manufactured in Japan as Sumo variants; but they looked as different as chalk and cheese after the mod works. In fact, I had been getting quite a fair bit of attention with this SuMMo even when compared to my real MM300 in SLA021; so for anyone whom was interested to pursue such a similar project, I would dare say that it would be worth your while. The parts might not be easy to get though, and they were pretty costly on some watch parts' sites.





Let's just enjoy looking at these marvellous pair, before we bid goodbye to the SuMMo in a couple of hours. Hope that the collector would put some good wrist mileage on this unique and spectacular piece!





Goodbye, Seiko SuMMo, you would be missed...


Another Seiko mod that I would let go next is the SKX007J1 Planet Ocean @ https://andywristwatches.blogspot.com/2019/01/franken-mod-seiko-skx007j1-planet-ocean.html. It's yours for just RM1,800 if you were keen, dear readers.




2 comments:

  1. I interested in Sumo mod MM300. Can sell? I offer RM5000 for fast deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, the SuMMo has been reserved. Would you be interested towards the SKX007J1 Planet Ocean instead? Cheers.

    ReplyDelete