Thursday 7 February 2019

Happy Chinese New Year 2019




It has been a hectic few days, travelling to and fro the hometowns for me and my spouse and generally enjoying the camaraderie of family, relatives, and friends. As with the norm with Chinese New Year, the kids were the happiest with all the angpow packets that they received; while we adults just savour the moment. 


My main watch for CNY was one of my fave timepieces- the Daytona TT Diamonds. It's a TT, so it suited formal and informal dinners; it has brilliant diamonds, just enough to bring out the extra sparkle; and when matched with a pair of leather strap, it looked differentiated enough to stand out by its own.





There were lots of gifts from family and relatives- and depending on whom you asked, the best gift would differ between the top-grade Moutai (for me!), or that handbag. Well, my spouse would argue that it's not just a handbag but the latest Chanel design- so I guess that's why we are into watches and they are into handbags. Although I can't fathom the reason to spend Rolex monies on a Chanel handbag, I know enough to keep my mouth shut when the situation calls for it so that's that then.


 












I had a bottle of prized Moutai that I had kept aside for 10 years, and my spouse gave it as a Christmas gift to her friend whom mentioned that her husband tried looking everywhere for a good bottle and couldn't find one. I had kept that bottle aside for my children's wedding dinner actually! 

Well, I'm going to hide this bottle away, that's for sure. See you, Moutai in some 10 years' time!

Hmmm, the Omega Speedy Apollo 17 has not seen action since its purchase before CNY... Perhaps I should have it accompany me for the dinner tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment