Wednesday 27 February 2019

Next Franken Mod : Seiko Baby Ice Monster "Great Wave Off Kanagawa"


The Great Wave Off Kanagawa limited edition dial was supposed to be fitted into the Seiko Blumo G2 @ http://andywristwatches.blogspot.com/2019/02/next-franken-mod-seiko-blumo-great-wave.html.


Then, leaks of the Seiko Baselworld 2019 had the Sumo G2 earmarked as to be discontinued and replaced with the Sumo G3. I had already modded a Sumo G2 into a MM300. Since the G2 would be discontinued, I had second thoughts about modding the Blumo G2 and to instead leave it in its pristine original condition.



In fact, Seiko ADs were already updating their adverts having the Blumo under discontinued status. Yup, you could be sure that the prices would be on an upward trend after some time.


So I started looking around for another Seiko piece with blue chapter ring, that could match the Great Wave dial. I also wanted its movement to be hacking and self-winding capable. And I suddenly thought of the Seiko Baby Ice Monster aka SRP481k1.


A couple of clicks later, I had this piece enroute to Malaysia today, and I believed that the dial would looked great housed in this Baby Ice Monster. The dial would be matched with this pair of Dagaz hands :


Keep your eyes peeled on the up-coming Franken Mod!

PS : I also received the following original Seiko SBDX017 aka MM300 dial and hand set. I would be modding a set into a 6105 piece. For the other set, what kind of Seiko watch would you liked to have it go to?



No comments:

Post a Comment