Friday 6 June 2014

New Replacement : Edox Class 1 GMT Titanium (Model No : 93003.TIN.NIN) @ 5/6/2104



By 4/6/2014, it has been 2 weeks since I purchased the Edox Class 1 GMT Titanium @ http://andywristwatches.blogspot.com/2014/05/new-purchase-edox-class-1-gmt-model-no.html, and I have yet to receive any words on the repair status. My Dad informed me that since it was just a loose hand, I might as well retrieve the watch and he would help me to put it back in shape. After all, he was a watch smith through and through, and was servicing even Rolex pieces during 1970s.

I called the AD, which gave me the tel no. for the Edox service centre in Malaysia. However, the 2 personnel whom spoke to me were unsure on the status of the repair and blamed it on the technician whom was not around. I felt that the personnel whom handled my calls should have checked the system and retrieve the job sheet no. that I gave them so that they could give me a more conclusive answer. Perhaps the service center didn't use computers there?

1 of them promised to call me back in 30 mins' time pursuant to her checking but didn't do so. I called back after 40 mins and left a message for her, but she was either too busy or couldn't be bothered.


I then found the group's tel no. on their website and called to Singapore. Again, the people handling my calls were giving me reasons such as the spare parts were not available as the parts needed to be couriered from Switzerland, and that the Company had only started representing the brand and therefore didn't have parts around. I later probed further and was informed that the Company had represented the Edox brand since last October, which was 8 months ago!

Also, I was surprised that they gave me various excuses but needn't check my job service no. in order to gauge what was actually wrong with the watch. The experience was beginning to turn frustrating after a while.

I wrote to their Customer Services Manager and am awaiting their reply on the matter.

On 5/6/2014, the AD called me and informed me that my watch was ready. I went there to pick it up; but was aghast to note that the side and rear case had been scratched, and there was a small ding on the side. And the straw that broke the camel's back was that the GMT hand was still loose.

I thereafter saw from the repair chit that remarked that the crown had been oiled. That's all the work that had been done on the watch?!

The buying experience had been great and I highly recommend fellow readers to purchase from the salesperson in the shop. But the handling of the problem had been frustrating.

I was debating whether to send it back again (and risk having more damage done?) or getting my Dad to fix it (and losing the warranty in the process), when the shop personnel asked if I would mind swapping for the more premium black dial titanium bracelet model no. 93003.TIN.NIN. I checked on the watch and it was working beautifully the way a Swiss watch should be. No dings or bad scratches, although there were some minor swirls on the titanium clasp which could be polished off anyway.

I decided to go with the replacement model. And the more I looked at it, the more I liked the watch. Truly a beautiful piece if you asked me.

Looks like my love for Edox is growing again...

1 comment:

  1. Are you selling the Class 1 GMT? You always give good price, I see from the other adverts. I want to get to my boyfriend as our engagement present. Can you give me a good price?

    ReplyDelete