Sunday 15 June 2014

Seiko Pepsi SKX009J1 : Rubber or Leather?

Readers would know that I had wrote about bringing my newly-acquired Seiko SKX009J1 for some heavy-duty testing (not for diving, mind you) during my trip to a plantation overseas. Thus far, it has been performing admirably and I couldn't have asked for more given its affordable purchased price. And being located at a time when it gets dark faster than back in Peninsular Malaysia, I had a chance to test its lume (Seiko's Lumibrite) and it has been up to task, with the lume lasting overnight easily (although I should add in that I have been walking the fields in the hot, scorching sun throughout the day so the lume were very much charged through and through).

I am now considering if I should get the infamous Wjean28 Super Oyster 2 bracelet at app RM350 o match the Seiko Pepsi. Online reviews largely had that the Seiko Pepsi feels that much more solid and enjoyable when paired with the equally solid oyster bracelet that supposedly gives Rolex's Oyster a run for its monies (although I am sure that that description was largely inflated by over-enthusistic Seiko lovers).

I found a strip of Cobra leather while walking the fields though- rubber or leather, what say you, dear readers?






1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete