Sunday 3 March 2013

Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Chrono 45.5mm (Model : 2218.50.00)

After a nice dinner of Garoupa fish head noodles, we went for a walk to help digest the sumptous meal. Lo and behold, I ended up sneaking a peak at the luxury timepiece boutique's window display. On display was one of my favourite watches ie Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean with the much-recognised orange bezel, no less.

It has a pretty large case at 45.5mm, and this was the Chrono version. The Seamaster uses the Omega caliber 3313. The self-winding chronograph movement with column wheel mechanism and Co-Axial Escapement would ensure greater precision, stability and durability of the movement. The design spots free sprung balance, with date, hour, minute and continuous small seconds hands, and a central chronograph hand.

Perhaps business was slow, for the salesperson informed me that he was willing to give me a good deal on the Planet Ocean.

"How much?", I casually asked; and was answered with a selling price of RM15k. Moreover, he spotted my Tag Heuer Carrera and added that he was willing to do a part-exchange. He asked to examine my watch, which was handed over to him and I informed him that the Carrera has been barely used and still has more than a year's warranty with the necessary papers. I was asked to top-up a decent sum to part-exchange the Carrera for the Planet Ocean.

I like the Carrera and I like the Planet Ocean. Which one would you rather have then?

 



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete