Friday 1 March 2013

Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 Chronograph 41mm Date (Model : CV2010.BA0794)

As per the aforementioned title, I'll be looking at my Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 Chronograph today. I have always have a liking for the Carrera; and when it was a good time to add a piece to my collection, I was considering between the Calibre 16 Date 41mm and Calibre 16 Day Date 43mm.



I have always have a preference towards larger cases; but in this case (no pun intended), I found that the 43mm Day Date to be too "crowded" on the face dial, failing to find a more suitable word. I started to consider the 41mm Date and the more I looked at its HD pictures over the Net, the more interesting it looked and the more intrique I was.

I was starting to get sucked into its simpler and classier design- hook, bait and sinker; but I wasn't aware as yet then.

My job requires me to travel a fair bit every month, so I spend a fair bit of time at international airports. One day, I walked into the watch shop at KLIA, near the aerotrain stop, to take a look at the 43mm Day Date but the shop did not have any on stock. They did, however, had the 41mm Date and after trying it on my wrist, I started to appreciate it better.

I flew off shortly and after a glass of wine or two on the plane, I found myself thinking of the 41mm Date when I was crunching numbers in my hotel suite.

A couple of days thereafter, I became part of the satisfied community of happy owners of the Carrera Calibre 16 Chronograph model CV2010.BA0794.

Fellow watch lovers whom were used to larger cases would probably need a day or two, to get used to the smaller 41mm case as I did; but thereafter, you may find that it's a good size as it could be covered nicely by your long sleeves if necessary and wouldn't bang about accidentally. The design is nicely-balanced between a tad sporty and dressy, and I find that it would go well with both your polo shirt as well as your function tux. The monochrome Tag Heuer logo has it looking low-profile and classy- a nice variation from the more "me, me, me" watches' design of today.

 
Further, this watch was also featured in the Wristwatch Annual 2013.

All in all, I find that this Carrera is a good addition to any watch lovers' collection; with a good price to boot.

1 comment:

  1. Nice watch you have there! I chanced upon your blog googling about the Tag Heuer Carrera Caliber 16. You should buy Wristwatch Annual 2013- your watch is featured in this luxury watch reference book. If you drop by Singapore, I could show you my book about this same watch. Take care there and do update more on this blog, Andy.

    ReplyDelete