Saturday 3 January 2015

2015 Project : Watch Worn Today - 3/1/2015


For a watch that has a RRP : RM1,445 (although discount is very limited, unlike the normal Seiko watches with 15% - 25% discounts; as this watch is a limited edition watch and the bronze colour piece is hard to find in shops), I dare say that my Seiko Prospex Field Monster Bronze has been an amazing watch.


It is an aviation-based watch (note that striking plane on the second hand) with sweeping and hacking second hand movement; and for the price that I paid, it has been attracting attention wherever I wore it- even more than my Swiss pieces, if I may add so. So this value-for-monies piece has excellent wrist presence.

Compare this baby with the de-facto aviation watch i.e. Bell & Ross BR01 Altimeter LE, and you could see some similarities.


And the Seiko Prospex Field Moster was actually stainless steel plated bronze colour (gasp!), so you get the best of both worlds - a strikingly-beautiful shade of bronze without the need to polish it when patina sets in. Many strangers had stopped me in my tracks and asked if it was a bronze watch or if it was a custom Seiko. Most were amazed when I revealed that it was a stainless steel original Seiko-design; and it does visually-looked bigger as the Monster-inspired dial was actually 44mm (without crown) as opposed to the normal Monster's 42mm (without crown). And just looked at that captivating sun-burst dial!




It was a lovely day today and the sun was out after days of rain, so I thought that it was befitting to take this Field Monster out for some fun under the sun with my lovely kids.


 Result : Seiko Prospex Field Monster Bronze +1

(Update : I subsequently felt that it may be rather repetitive posting the same watches on numerous occasions, so I'm putting this Project on hold. Cheers.)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks to your recommendation. Got one pc for myself as well. Simply cant resist it. Loved the bronze on this watch . Cheers

    ReplyDelete