Saturday 21 January 2017

Cartier Lady Tank Solo Restoration Works



An associate lamented that a Cartier Tank Solo, which he purchased for his other half many years back, was in need of servicing and he was quoted in the region of RM2,000 by the Malaysian SC. For a watch that had seen better years previously and that would cost circa RM8,000 new these days (or RM4,000 in its current condition), it would seemed to be a fool's errand to spend half of its value to put it back in shape.

I called a watchsmith that had previously assisted on some premium pieces, and found that he had since relocated overseas. I asked if he could assist to take a look at this piece, and he agreed to assist accordingly. Courier with insurance was soon arranged; and with zippy effort, a return courier was soon sent to my home.



The Tank had been duly-serviced and kept good time now, and beautifully-polished such that it looked much better compared to the tired-looking piece that was sent to me some time ago. It had regained its classiness and looked ready to adorn its mistress' wrist for many years to come. Enjoy the pictures hereafter.










And best of all, he had charged me a buddy price such that this restored Tank watch only cost RM300 all-in. And I ain't kidding about that.

1 comment:

  1. I have a Cartier Ballon Bleu in need of some TLC services too, Datuk. Am located in KL. Could you assist to take a look at my watch please? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete