Saturday 8 September 2018

Rolex Daytona 116520 Polar



Readers would know that I am a fan of Rolex Daytona, having added and flipped this model in various guises. This morning, I was offered an opportunity to add a 116520 Polar into my collection. Knowing me, you could guessed that I jumped at the offer- so much so that I was prepared to fly to Singapore to inspect and pick up the piece within the weekend, if the price was right.

After some exchanges to and fro, it would seemed that it was no longer tenable for me to pick up the piece. You would know that I would want to buy, write about the piece, then probably flip it back to my readers at a great price. That's my hobby and part of paying it forward so that all of us would have a chance to net good watches at great prices. My flip prices have always been below market value thus far.

The seller wanted circa S$23k for this piece. What do you think? Should I take it up? Hmmm...


1 comment:

  1. Datuk, from the condition of the watch, it's quite bruised. Your 116520LN was in a much better shape and you let it go at a bargain (and remember, if the confirmed buyer does not take it up, I want it, okay?). A fair price for that white Daytona would have been lower than your black piece's price.

    ReplyDelete