Friday 19 October 2018

E-mail From Reader : Where Do You Buy Your Seiko?

I saw an interesting e-mail from a reader whom lamented that selective Seiko watches' prices were getting higher and higher. He mentioned that I used to flip many Seiko watches, and he had purchased from me previously; but I seemed to have stopped collecting Seiko watches these days.

(NB : Actually, I am still buying Seiko watches, albeit lesser these days. I have the SKX009J1 and SBDC033, 2 Dagaz Diamondback pieces with Seiko NE15/6R15 movement, and am waiting for a modded Tuna case fitted with Seiko movement. I am currently on the fence with regards to adding a  SLA019.)


Take the Baselworld 2018 released SLA019 as an example. These are selling for RM15,600 locally, and I heard that ADs are not giving any discounts on this piece given its' LE status.

Readers would know that I travel to our neighbouring countries on a monthly basis, and I could get the same model at Indonesia as per the following :


The Indonesian price was circa RM3.2k cheaper compared to locally, although one has to act fast to secure the deal as these pieces come and go very fast.

Some of the other pieces that were mentioned by the reader whom wrote to me were SBDX001, SBDX017, and SBDX014; and you could take a look at their pricing as per below :





At the end of the day, the street prices were a reflection of the local demand and supply. Rolex pieces would tend to have a premium everywhere in the world; but with Seiko, you could afford to scout around and choose the best deal that you could find. Some of the sellers do not ship to Malaysia, so you might have to be flexible in picking it up personally though.

Have fun hunting your Seiko watches, readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment