Tuesday 9 September 2014

My Next Tudor... Heritage Chrono Blue or Pelagos?

I have been admiring the Tudor Heritage series since the brand took a bolder stance to re-interprete modern pieces based on its vintage designs. I bit the bullet on 28/8/14 and found myself a happy owner of the Tudor Heritage Black Bay Burgundy Red.

Since then, I seemed to have caught the Tudor bug and am now looking at my next Tudor piece. There were 2 strong contendors now in the Heritage Chrono Blue and Pelagos.

Both were cased in 42mm- a size that suited me, and were nicely-machined and solid to the touch. The Pelagos was launched in Baselworld 2012 with the Heritage BB Red, while the Heritage Chrono Blue was launched in Baselworld 2013. The Heritage BB Midnight Blue was launched in Baselworld 2014.

All Rolex and Tudor watches had just been subjected to a 3% price increment on 1/9/2014 so RRP for Pelagos was RM13,555 while RRP for Chrono Blue was RM14,430. The walk-in discount was a paltry 10% (rendering the prices of RM12,200 for the Pelagos, and RM12,988 for the Chrono Blue); but the AD was willing to give me a returned customer discount at the point of purchase- meaning that I should be able to an even better price. Both watches looked the part and I am still thinking about which one to part my monies with for now.

A fellow customer told me that he managed to get a better deal at an overseas airport and got his Pelagos for slightly lower after the conversion. That gave me an idea since I was always travelling abroad anyway.

The manager remarked that the Heritage BB Red was their best seller, and all pieces were sold within the week that they were displayed so far; so they were not allocating high discount for the BB Red. I must say that I agree with his assessment that the BB Red looks the best amongst the crowd.

Any comments, feel free to share together...










Verdict : I ultimately went for the Tudor Pelagos. A review would be done in due course.

3 comments:

  1. The best-looking piece out of the four watches seemed to be the Black Bay red. A true future classic. I have a Pelagos that I bought 2 months back for 11k, it used to retail at 13k. If you are interested, I like to sell off mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rain, how much are you looking at? Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 10k cash to deal. Only 2 months old.

      Delete