Friday 26 September 2014

Rolex Datejust : 40 Years Apart...

... but just as beautiful and captivating.


Readers would know that I adore my vintage 1972 Rolex Datejust. The picture above depicts my wife wearing the vintage Datejust against her modern female Datejust.


Well, how would my vintage Datejust 36mm stand next to the modern 2012 Rolex Datejust 36mm? There's 40 years apart between both these Datejust, but both of them look everlastingly attractive.

For sure, the 2012 Datejust felt heavier and more solid on my wrist, thanks to its more modern interpretation and the solid bracelet. In every other way, it was an improved version compared to the vintage Datejust...

... but the vintage Datejust managed to hold its head high during the comparo. Somehow, it exuded a strong sense of presence and there was strength in its history. Stare at both of them, and they looked the same yet vastly different.

I would happily have both of them side-by-side in my winder.










No comments:

Post a Comment