Thursday 20 March 2014

Seiko "Submariner" (Model No : SNZF22J1)



Readers would know that I am an avid lover of Diver-designed watches, and there is one watch that I have always wanted to get but the shops always proclaimed that it was out of stock.




I was referring to the Seiko "Submariner"- a Seiko 5 Sports that was designed to pay tribute or homage to the Rolex Submariner. Unlike the replicas, it had enough distinctions to carry itself as a Seiko still and yet unmistakeably be recognised a Submariner design. And the Seiko 7S36 movement with 23-jewels meant that this could be your daily workhorse and some hard knocks here and there would likely induce lesser pains compared to if you were wearing your genuine Rolex Submariner.

I have seen the SNZF22K1 (RRP : RM1,850) available, but I wanted to purchase the Japan-made SNZF22J1 (RRP : RM2,510). Lo and behold, I have finally decided to make an order online from a Seiko reseller and I should be getting the watch in a week's time to take some real photos to show all and sundry.

Watch out for this space!


1 comment:

  1. I'm Calvin who made you the offer on your Citizen Diver in my e-mail. The Seiko Sub is a good watch and I have a piece in my collection too. Looks good and hey, it's only 10% the price of a Rolex Sub but works just as good. Hope you wear it in good health always.

    ReplyDelete