Thursday 28 August 2014

8-month old Ball Hydrocarbon NEDU for RM5,800?! (SOLD)

When I bought my Ball Hydrocarbon John Hembel edition on 21/7/2014, I wrote that I were also interested to get the Ball Hydrocarbon NEDU in white dial, which was quoted at circa RM9,000 at my regular AD.

Well, a reader e-mailed me that there was a 8-month old piece going at RM6,500 as advertised on the Net; and I proceeded to get in touch with the seller. The seller was rather keen to sell actually, and straight to the point reduced the price to RM5,800, which was a rather good price.

However, the massive discount came with the following :

1) The rubber strap (RM600) and receipt was missing;
2) There was a rather noticeable ding on the lug (and I know that the ding would naturally draw one's attention to its way, which was a shame);
3) The warranty card seemed to have different ink for the date and shop, and the shop sold pre-owned watches too looking from its site, so it was hard to judge the actual age of the watch due to various coincidences;
4) It was not a white dial after all.

I were prepared to go at RM5,000 for the NEDU given the above, but the seller wanted his asking price. I'm quite sure that it would be sold pretty soon to a less fussy buyer given the relatively low price; but I'm a rather fussy collector who really love and care for my watches. That was why most of my watches had nary a scratch and look new at all times.

Thus, my search for the white dial NEDU continues. Anyone wanting to look for a blue dial NEDU at just RM5,800, drop me an e-mail and I'll point you to the right direction at no terms. After all, sharing is caring...






Update : I received 3 e-mail queries on the Ball Hydrocarbon NEDU and duly-referred them to the actual advert so that they could liaise with the owner on the sale. My posting was made on 28/8/2014 circa 1.00 pm. At 7.30 pm the same day, the watch was updated as "Sold" by the owner. Hope that it was one of the watch enthusiast whom I referred over, that had the good fortune to net the sale.

2 comments:

  1. Not worth it looking at the pics. You can score a better bargain if you check online adverts overseas. If you are interested in black dial version, I'm thinking of selling mine. 6 month old, no marks at all, overseas authorized dealer set, 5.5k, interested? I'll send you the pictures if you are interested. Tq.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May i have the contact of the person willing to let go the Ball Diver BEdu Below 5.5k

      Thanks

      Delete