Friday 8 August 2014

8/8/2014 : Tudor Heritage Black Bay Burgendy Red, 8.40 pm

This has been a good week to me. And I'll be starting the weekend with one of the watches that I had been admiring for a while but have yet to pull the trigger. I am, of course, referring to the...



Tudor Heritage Black Bay Burgendy Red, codenamed BB Red hereinafter.

Throughout the year thus far, I have been purchasing and flipping a fair bit of watches - some almost within the same month, as some watches may look good on the Net but may not exactly sing to you after they arrived vide international shipping. Yes, I have been buying quite a no. of watches vide the Net, although I always choose those retailers with good feedback worldwide and preferably return policy. Asian retailers may not entertain returns, but having worked in UK for a no. of years, I am used to such European store policies whereby you may return those goods purchased (but unused) within a month or so.

The fact that watches from overseas normally cost a little lower than the selling prices in Malaysia, helped steering me towards that angle somewhat. Or they may offer some useful freebies or watch accessories.

The good thing about this watch blog was that fellow watch enthusiasts always point me towards the right direction. 2 days ago, I wrote about the temptation of BB Red @ http://andywristwatches.blogspot.com/2014/08/tempting-tudor-heritage-black-bay.html, and a fellow reader pointed me towards a mint piece advertised by a watch collector for just RM8,800.

I contacted the said watch collector ("WC") and was given to understand that he had received the BB Red as a gift, but he was actually interested in another piece so he was letting the BB Red go, to fund towards his intended purchase. The watch was supposedly in mint condition, and as good as new.

If it was as good as new, I could save some RM2,000 from the purchase compared to walking into a Rolex AD, which would then help to fund some Peter's Gunny Straps for some of my watches. We arranged to meet tonight near my home.

After some pleasantries upon meeting each other, he handed me the BB Red for a thorough check-up. We watch collectors normally keep our pieces on rotation in the winders, and watches from collectors would typically be in tip-top condition.

This piece was no different. In fact, it was even newer compared to the display sets in ADs.

This was an easy deal. One look and I know that it was a done deal. And WC even gave not one but two pieces of genuine Tudor Nato straps with the purchase. One was the black colour strap that came along with the boxed set, while the other was a retro chic strap decorated with raised rows of interwoven satin originally from his Tudor Heritage Advisor.

He told me that he had read my blog and knew that I was a Nato type of guy.


So I came home, had a quick dinner and started to work on the link adjustments to suit my wrist. Easy-peasy of a job armed only with my trusty mini-screwdriver. And thereafter, a quick rub with my trusty Cape Cod watch-polishing cloth and I have a BB Red that was shining and gleaming like the stars above.

Enjoy the pictures hereafter :

























All in all, I am pretty satisfied with this BB Red purchase and I have no doubts that I would enjoy having her adorning my wrist from hereinafter. There she was, having a good chat with her new-found horology friends. Nice...

4 comments:

  1. I just bought the same Heritage with bracelet from the AD for RM10,000. How much did you pay for yours? Look so new with no scratches at all! My guess is that it's only 1-week old and hardly worn, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo Andy, I bought one of your watches previously. Remember me? I know your pieces are all VERY well-kept, so your BB should be pristine too. Wanna let it go? I wanna offer you RM7500.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andy, it's Carmen here. I bought the Hamilton from you a few months back. Are you looking to sell your BB? I am ready to pay RM9000 for a good example like yours. I know you always treat your watches like treasure. You have my no, please call. Thx.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to the AD yesterday and BB's price has increased?! I really want one and have RM9000 in cash ready for a deal with you. Okay?

    ReplyDelete