Sunday 17 August 2014

Pulled The Trigger : Seiko Prospex Kinetic GMT (Model No : SUN023P1)


Readers would recall that I were interested to get a Seiko Prospex Kinetic GMT (model no : SUN023P1) in my blog entry @ http://andywristwatches.blogspot.com/2014/07/thinking-of-seiko-watches.html. However, at the time of writing, the said watch was still largely not available in Malaysia and there was only one online AD selling the said watch from USA.


Well, it looked like the said watch has since reached our shores and a fellow forummer informed me that it was retailing for RM2,300 in ADs. I further searched online and found that there were quite a few sites selling the said model; and I like purchasing Seiko watches from European ADs as the watches there typically come with 2 years warranty.

Rakuten was a popular site for the latest Japanese watches but they seemed to be selling the watch at a premium as it still cost 120,000 Yen (circa RM3,700) after discount, perhaps due to the demand higher than supply at the interim period.




My next step was to look at European sites for the additional warranty. After conversion, the SUN023P1 would cost circa RM2,650. There was a RM120 cheaper option in the SUN021P1, which had different colours but I still prefer the SUN023P1.





So I decided to bite the bullet and just pulled the trigger... and an order for the Seiko Prospex Kinetic GMT model no. SUN023P1 was thus made. That, and for a price of circa RM1,500, it's a real bargain too! Keep your eyes peeled here for the upcoming review in due course!

Update : I received an e-mail notification that the watch was out of stock and the monies duly-refunded vide PayPal. A fellow forummer has since updated me that the said watch was also available at a known watch shop in KL and price could be cheaper than RM1,500. Looks like I would need to make a stop at the shop one of these days.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete