Thursday 14 August 2014

Pictures : Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military

I have been asked a few times for pictures on the aforetitled watch. Well, here I am in the middle of the Borneo rainforest now with satellite Internet access, so why not just do it now, eh?


The Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military ("OVM") is a nice homage to the Rolex Mil-Sub 5517, and I must admit that it has a fair bit of wrist presence. It has a nice 42mm case (which I am a sucker for such a size), a robust ETA 2824-2 movement and an affordable price tag. So what could one possible complain about this watch?


Well, if I have to state one thing, do note though that the fake orange "patina" lume may not be everyone's favourite- as it could looked a little too trying to look like a vintage, at times. For such "vintage" effect, I prefer the milkish-cream white lume used by my Tudor Heritage Black Bay ("BB").


But then again, the OVM cost circa 1/8th of the BB's price tag, so I guess it ain't really a fair comparison to compare them side-by-side.

By itself, it does pretty alright- after all, can one find another watch that looks so much alike to the Mil-Sub 5517 in the market?

Yeah, I didn't think so. So, all hail Steinhart for bringing the masses a step closer to owning an almost impossible grail watch design.

Hope the pictures help to make up your minds, to some readers whom wrote in to me on the OVM.





1 comment:

  1. Good day Andy. If u want to sell your OVM, please let me know. I'm interested.
    Noor Muhammad, email at mamatlxr@gmail.com. thanks

    ReplyDelete