Tuesday 28 October 2014

Pulled The Trigger : Seiko Prospex Kinetic GMT model no. SUN019P1 (RRP : RM2,630)

In the previous blog, I wrote about my interest to get the Seiko Prospex Kinetic GMT model no. SUN019P1. Officially, this model has yet to hit the Malaysian shores so it was rather tiresome to scout around, hoping to hit the jackpot. It's siblings in the model nos. SUN021P1 and SUN023P1 were readily available in Malaysia.

An overseas Seiko retailer whom I have made purchases from previously, replied my queries that he had ready stock for the SUN019P1, which was the best-selling model; followed by SUN023P1 and thereafter, SUN021P1. After conversion, the SUN019P1 was retailing at RRP : RM2,630; and he was willing to give me a good discount for repeated purchases.



He further informed me that he could pick a special piece with "James Bond 007 is No.1" serial no. for my collection, so I was like, "Shut up and take my monies!". Well, in a much more diplomatic manner, that was.

We have previously dealt before and he upped the purchase offer by throwing in FedEx signed-delivery for me, so I shall be getting the watch by this week. Hooray!!!

(Update : Some Mudah resellers e-mailed me to request that I remove references on my online purchases and prices, as they were also getting stocks from overseas (all Seiko products whether purchased locally or internationally, came with a 1-year international warranty unless you purchased from Europe, in which then it would come with (an even better) 2 years warranty) and selling the SUN019P1, SUN021P1 and SUN023P1 locally for a small profit.


It seemed that the street selling price for SUN019P1 was currently at RM2,070,  and SUN021P1 and SUN023P1 were going at circa RM1,550. The SUN019P1 carried a rather high premium as demand outstretched supply for the interim period.)

1 comment:

  1. I bought this Kinetic Tuna from US last week, street price around USD650. Now wearing this more than my Submariner, which looks so small now that I got used to the Kinetic Tuna. Enjoy yours.

    ReplyDelete