Monday 13 October 2014

The Swatch Group Malaysia Sdn Bhd : Before & After (Part 1)

Before

Readers would know that I recently purchased a Seamaster Planet Ocean XL. Well, there was a hairline scratch on the bezel and it wasn't aligned perfectly to 12 o'clock, which was not to my liking given that I'm quite the perfectionist when it comes to my watches.




So here I am sitting in the waiting lounge of The Swatch Group Malaysia Sdn Bhd. The PO XL was getting a new bezel this morning, which shall be perfectly aligned to the 12 o'clock, or so I hope. And being a Monday, there was only a handful of customers so it'd be done in less than an hour.

And the customer service executive was very helpful and polite, so it was a good experience. Now that's proper customer services.


After



I was earlier contemplating if I should go for the Ceramic bezel as utilised for the PO XL 8500, but decided to stick to the originality of my PO XL 2500D. The below pictures show both the watches with their respective Ceramic and Aluminium bezels.



The Ceramic bezel's colour changes (dark grey/light grey) depending on the angle of lighting, and the numbers could be less visible when caught on the wrong side. The Aluminium bezel would have a consistent outlook irrespective of the angle of lighting, and generally looked better on the watch. The pro for the Ceramic was that it was relatively scratch proof, although it could shatter if knocked hard on the wrong angle. You just have to weigh the pros and cons yourselves then.







After the service, the watch looked even shinier as per the pictures (been detailed and polished by the attending watchsmith, perhaps?), and could really pass off as a showroom piece. The customer services remarked that I really looked after the watch; and I informed her that I loved my watches and tried my best to keep them looking as good as possible.

However, watches being worn on wrists, meant that the desk swirls, scratches and occasional dings would still occur from time to time; no matter how careful you may strive to be. But an eye for details and being hardworking working on detailing fem time to time, would meant that one's watch would still looked good despite age, and I intended to keep my watches looking top-notch.

This PO XL really looked good to me, and was very much of a keeper indeed.



No comments:

Post a Comment