Wednesday 27 April 2016

Hamilton Pan-Europ Chrono at RM3,040?!

I had some time to kill while waiting for my flight so I went to look at watches around the airport. The salesperson recognised me and informed me that they were doing a clearance sale on Hamilton this week. 

"Do you have Pan-Europ Chrono, mbak?", I asked. 

She replied in the affirmative and showed me these 2 pieces, at 40% sale from the RRP. After conversion, the price went from RM7,600 to RM3,040 per piece!

I knew a good deal when I saw one, so I informed her that I would take 2 pieces each. I know fellow collectors back home whom would take these off my hand easily, with a small profit my way even.

But alas, at the counter, her colleague informed her that the "4" on the tag denoted "April stock", not "40% discount". The manager came forward to apologise and offered me a 20% discount, which I politely declined.

No comments:

Post a Comment