Saturday 30 April 2016

Tudor Heritage Advisor & Tudor Pelagos Blue

My missus wanted to have roast duck today, so the whole family went to Village Roast Duck at a shopping mall in Klang Valley, for lunch today. It was a good lunch; but would have been better if the attending waitress was less of an actress. Imagined, there were 5 of us seated at the table and we ordered a fair bit of dishes that would have made waiting our table a profitable one for the restaurant. They served 4 bowls of complimentary soup (every client gets it); and I asked that my maid be entitled to a bowl too and the waitress put on a long face at my request. 

I mean, if I could be seated at the same table with my maid and ordered nice dishes that she could share with us and eat together, does that not meant that she was part of the family and should be treated equally? There's something wrong with the social fabric if the propaganda by government and some quarters had turned us into racist bigots. Give me back the old Malaysia when all races and nationalities could integrate so well together, and or currency was still respected and held in awe by money exchange traders overseas. But I digress...

Anyway, after lunch, we had a walkabout and I went into some watch shops that I have frequented previously. One of the managers told me that business had been very slow (and weekends were the times when they net the real sales) and offered me 15% off the Tudor range. Now, that was a pretty decent offer and I took a look at the Tudor Heritage Advisor (RRP : RM22,000), which was reduced to RM18,700. Interesting mechanical alarm clock on wrist, I would say.


They also had the Tudor Pelagos Blue and Black, at RRP : RM16,800. Readers would know that I have a soft spot for the Pelagos, especially so after I have sold off my Pelagos 2-liner. The manager informed that the Pelagos was the best-selling watches in their shop and that they could only extend 10% for the model, and for today only as a one-off offer. Still a good price nonetheless, given that some places only allocate between 0-5% for the Pelagos. At RM15,120, that would meant getting the new Pelagos at the old Pelagos' price. I was rather tempted, and I further know that Pelagos could be easily flipped off at the end of the day if I decided to off-set the piece. However, having it on my wrist and seeing the busy and cluttered 5-liners, I had to turn away and decline the offer. Rolex has some of the best dials in its diver range; so why can't they do the same for Pelagos? A simple 2-liner like previously, and in blue, would have made it pretty desirable and buyable. Why oh why do you make it so complicated, Rolex/Tudor?

No comments:

Post a Comment