Tuesday 16 April 2019

Citizen Fugu Blows


During my college days, I used to have a No Fear tee that had Mark Twain's quote about the size of the fight in the dog. I wore the tee just a tad too much, to be honest. But anything No Fear was the fad during the time; and armed with the tee and my charming personality, I did well in charming the ummm... socks, off the college babes at that time.


Oh yes, the tee had seen lots of action back then. I had no car and I shared a room with a nerdy roommate (whom introduced me to the world of Pearl Jam and the likes- thanks, Gabriel!); so I've  had intimate knowledge of many babes' rear car seats and the necessary Yoga poses for such sportsmanship ;p


Fencing was my forte, or so I was told then. And perhaps that's why I liked the Citizen Fugu (blow-fish, for the uninitiated few).

Oh yes, I was quite the ladies' man then, kind of like the current K-Pop scandal (minus the scandal). All those back lane parkings and late night dates- you guys remember those days?

Which brings us to the Fugu discussion of today. Readers would know that I am a Seiko fan. I loved Seiko because they make great products that were reliable and dependable, and there were loads of mod parts out there to customise into our own version of custom watches. I have had countless SKX007, Turtle, Monster, Sumo, and the likes passing through my hands as I customised them into one-of-a-kind pieces.

Remember memorable mods such as the Turtle SharkOne, SuMMo, and SKX-Sumo?





Well, for Citizen, it ain't as easy to mod given the lack pf choice to parts. So I have only collected watches from the M-Force, Bambino, and Fugu series. The Fugu new series especially, was part of my preferred pieces from the brand as they were limited edition pieces and worth collecting indeed. To my eyes, the ones that tickled my fancy were the following 2 pieces :



Check out how this Fugu All-Lume LE dared to challenge the MM300 and MM1000 during the Battle of the Lume. Everyone knew that Seiko MarineMaster's lume were the de-facto standard in the lume business; but the Fugu All-Lume just strolled in like it owned the park.

You could read more about the Fugu All-Lume LE @ http://andywristwatches.blogspot.com/2019/02/happy-valentines-day-new-york-double-o.html.



It ain't the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. An apt description of the Fugu indeed.

1 comment:

  1. Datuk, this blog is so witty. Your writing style is naughty but nice. Looking for more!

    ReplyDelete