Tuesday 16 April 2019

Seiko Franken Mods Came Home



I received messages from my panel watchsmiths that the Franken Mods were ready, while I was still watching the sakura bloomed at various prefecture in Japan.

"Well, pray do ship them over to me ASAP!"

And once I reached home, these were waiting for me and I quickly had them taken to my Watch Room :


And what do we have in there? Well, they represented part of my Seiko current collection (lots more had been flipped as I needed to make space in the winders and cases for in-coming pieces), discounting a few more pieces that were still in stock condition pending the parts from Dagaz.


Could you spot the types of mods that had been done on these pieces? Well, for one, all of them have hacking and hand-winding movements, and one of the movement upgrade was on the SKX007J1 Planet Ocean. Those seasoned modders would spot Dragonshroud's Jumbo crown there.

Well, what the heck, I would dissect the pieces in subsequent entries about the mods; and let's start off with the Planet Ocean next.

1 comment: