Saturday 20 April 2019

Franken Mod : Underwater Demolition Team Timer (Challenge Completed)



This was a simple mod, but I thought that it worked out just fine. In fact, this was something that was thought out by my 10-year old boy. He saw my Mon5ter Wave @ https://andywristwatches.blogspot.com/2019/04/franken-mon-great-wave-off-kanagawa.html, which my younger boy loved so much; and gave some pointers. Fancy that!


- "Daddy, I prefer orange colour, like Charmander's. Could you colour the numbers (bezel) orange?"
- "You always wear the Submarine(r). Why don't you make an Orange Submarine(r)?"


With the above comments, I accepted the challenge and started tinkering around. Turned out that there was a very suitable Orange Mon5ter that could be the right watch for the job; and I soon had an Underwater Demolition Team (UDT) Timer dial and hands ready. The dial and hands were from Dagaz, my usual go-to source for most mods. Thanks, Jake and Richard! 




In fact, take a good look at that NOS discontinued pair of hands and you could see that it resembled the submarine painted on the dial. How cool was that!

And so the UDT Timer Mon5ter joined my collection, along with its other modded siblings-in-arms! There was an Easter Egg Hunt organised for the community, and my younger boy was there for the hunt. I brought the UDT Timer Mon5ter along, and it was certainly tool enough for the simple job.




The kids painted these eggs :)










Modification-related Blog Entries :

1 comment:

  1. This is crazy, nigga! You the mod king!

    ReplyDelete