Tuesday 21 March 2017

Seiko Turtle Emerald LE (BlueOne)

So this was what the Emerald LE came as the other day :


This was the piece that I had wanted to modify with some interesting parts namely :

1) Bezel and chapter ring from Turtle Blue Lagoon LE;

2) Double-domed sapphire crystal with Green AR, from Switzerland.

The double-dome sapphire crystal was so tall and thick that 2 different watchsmiths in KL declined to work on the watch modifications for fear of breaking the expensive crystal. I had to source around for an experienced watchsmith that could take on the job, and finally went back to my Dad's friend whom had assisted me on various watch projects. I took a few days off to go outstation to visit my folks, and took some time to visit his watch shop too. He then worked his magic on it, and I just got back the end article as per the following :








Total cost of modifications consisted of Emerald LE base (RM2,660) + Blue Lagoon parts (FOC) + Swiss-made crystal (RM250) + Workmanship and WR tests (RM300) = RM3,160.

Truly a beauty, right? It was a spectacular piece, with an extra dose of special further now!

No comments:

Post a Comment