Sunday 19 March 2017

The 3 Musketeers : Rolex for Omega & Ball


"All for one, and one for all!"


An interesting proposition came from a fellow reader, in which he had a 44mm Rolex DeepSea Sea-Dweller 116660 that he mentioned was out-of-warranty but still looked new as he had not worn it much over the last 3 years (purchased before the 5-year warranty applies) as it was simply too big for his wrist, although the realisation only hit him after he purchased it. He asked if he could swap his DSSD with my 40mm Sea-Dweller Ceramic, but I was not keen. I have ordered a DSSD D-Blue given that it was discontinued by Rolex due to lack of sale, and I believe that its value would appreciate over a long enough period given its discontinued status.

He then offered to swap his DSSD with 3 of the watches as seen on this blog, namely :

1) Omega Speedy Panda, under warranty till 2018;




2) Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean James Bond, under warranty till 2019;




3) Ball Engineer ii Genesis 50th Anniversary, under warranty till 2019.



All these 3 watches were collectible pieces, and I have yet to be prepared to flip them off. However, if  I do proceed with the flip, then I would have all 3 Sea-Dwellers in my collection when they arrive in my collection. Hmmm, interesting thought indeed...

5 comments:

  1. I am interested in the Omega Speedmaster if you are opened to a sale. Since it's still under warranty till 2018, I like to offer RM18000. I hope you could think about my offer. TQ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or if you could do a Package deal, I could take the Omega Speedmaster, Omega Planet Ocean, and Ball Engineer ii for RM38000. I am a pre-owned watch dealer in Singapore, but I could travel to Malaysia to take the watches. TQ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am especially interested in the Omega Speedmaster as I have a long-time customer looking for that particular model. Please get back to me as soon as possible. TQ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tukar agan Rolex Batman ori, baru 6 bulan, ada minat ker, Datuk?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, you have a nice watch collection there! Can I know where you bought your watch winder and display/storage case? Which would you recommend? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete