Saturday 11 March 2017

Tudor : Hits and Misses

Looking at my flip list, I could gauged that I am indeed a serial flipper. 57 watches flipped and counting, I have derived much pleasure from this hobby indeed. There were some watches that I had opportunities to add on but didn't; and some watches that I had flipped but missed. Let's look at a few of the more unforgettable ones from Tudor.

Misses : 

1) 2013 Tudor Pelagos Ti5 : I flipped off this watch to get the newer version of Pelagos with blue dial; but when I held the actual product on hand, I was simply not sold on the busy dial at all. It had an in-house movement, yes; but that dial was simply not to my liking. If they make one in blue in the old Pelagos cleaner dial, I would be interested to add this piece again. Then again, I already have the more advanced and superior Rolex Sea-Dweller Ceramic, so perhaps I would pass. Hmmm...


2) 2014 Tudor Heritage Black Bay Burgundy : I may not get another Burgundy in the near future, but it sure was an attractive piece in the faux vintage style.


(Untaken) Hits :

1) Tudor Heritage Monte Carlo Blue : This piece crossed my path a few times but I had not taken it up. Face-to-face, I find that the chrono on the dial was too flat, lacking for a better description. However, the summery colours were alluring enough that I may just add this again in the near future.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Andy, I've seen you ordering steel bracelet for omega po. Do you order Tudor bb steel bracelet for 79230n ?

    ReplyDelete